Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 19:05:12 +0300

> Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 19:29:23 +0400
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> > Please run depends.exe on your DLLs that Emacs loads dynamically, and
>
> This one? http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Yes.

> > find out which one(s) depend(s) on libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.  My guess is
> > some image library.
>
> Do you mean only libs from `dynamic-library-alist'?

Yes.  The rest are Windows DLLs, and cannot possibly depend on libgcc.

> libgnutls-28 depends on libintl-8.dll, which in turn depends on the lib
> in question.

That's what I thought, sigh.

> Dependency Walker also adds "Warning: At least one delay-load dependency
> module was not found.
> Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
> export function in a delay-load dependent module."

That's normal, you can see the libraries it didn't find below.  They
are not needed.

> Should I try to get rid of libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and look for libintl or
> libgnutls version that doesn't depend on it?

GnuTLS always depends on libintl, but you can find a libintl that
doesn't need libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.  The one that came with my libgnutls
port, here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin.zip/download

doesn't require libgcc (it was linked against it statically).