Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 12:08:13 +0300

> Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 12:08:58 +0400
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> > Sorry, I don't follow.  Are you saying that there's still a crash
> > after applying the patch, except that you cannot get a backtrace when
> > the crash happens?
>
> Yes.
>
>  > What exactly happens when you try to produce a
> > backtrace?
>
> I get the output I sent in the previous email.

So the problem is that the backtrace stops early, is that right?

Anyway, can you verify that the function unload_dlls is being called
at exit, and that it does unload libgnutls-28.dll?  Setting a
breakpoint at the line that calls FreeLibrary should allow you to
display the value of loaded_from variable, which is a list showing the
library and the handle used to load it.

> > Are you sure you switch to the correct thread when asking
> > for a backtrace?
>
> Doesn't 'abort' breakpoint hit guarantee that I'm on the right thread?

No, not on Windows anyway.