Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 21:53:27 +0300

> Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 22:42:42 +0400
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> It looks to me that libpng gets loaded by Gnus anyway, because a) the
> breakpoint on w32.c:7473 still gets hit, the same amount of times, and
> the car of 'loaded_from' on the first hit is still "libpng14-14.dll", b)
> 'M-x list-dynamic-libraries' crashes with (wrong-type-argument
> characterp "J:\\Apps\\System\\MinGW\\bin\\libpng14-14.dll") after Gnus
> has been launched, just like it does in graphical environment.

I'd be interested to know which sequence of calls causes libpng to be
loaded by Gnus in a non-GUI session.  That sounds like a bug to me.

Anyway, you should be able to work around this by renaming or moving
out of PATH the image libraries.

The goal of this exercise is to see whether the problem is in any way
related to the order of loading and unloading the DLLs.  When there's
only one DLL, the order doesn't matter ;-)

Thanks.