Any posibility get non-dw2 libiconv2-dll and libintl-8.dll for gnutls/li

From: Miguel Ruiz
Subject: Any posibility get non-dw2 libiconv2-dll and libintl-8.dll for gnutls/libxml2 emacs-compatible
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 08:52:42 +0200

Hello:

Based on

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/WindowsGCCImprovements

and mainly on

"Platforms like Linux x86-32 have moved to DW2 EH, but Windows is still stuck with SJLJ EH. This is because it is common for Windows developers to write Windows GUI applications where they expect their event loop to catch exceptions thrown within their callback functions. Unfortunately this carries a severe penalty in environments like Java where exceptions are quite common.

DW2 EH is supported for Windows, but someone needs to implement the part that makes it possible for GUI callbacks to throw exceptions that can be caught in the main event loop, i.e. make exception-propagation work through "foreign" call frames in the stack."

I am not aware of the very internals of emacs, but, as a conservative behaviour, I build my w32 emacs production binaries with tdm-gcc-4.7.1-2 (MinGW/sjlj) (http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/) and the crashes have completely disappeared.

I follow the recent mails to the list and to gcc list (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2013-05/msg00180.html) about the problems in relation to libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.

At this moment

- libiconv-2.dll (in gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin.zip)
- libintl-8.dll  (in gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin.zip)

- libiconv-2.dll (in libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin.zip)

depend on libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll

Is there any possibility that you provide the gnutls and libxml2 packages, and by extension, the named libraries, based on non-dw2 binaries, i.e., built with a non-dw2 compiler like
tdm-gcc-4.7.1-2, for example, as I do in a regular basis with emacs builds?

Miguel Ruiz.