Re: bug#14380: 24.3; `network-stream-open-tls' fails in some imap server

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: bug#14380: 24.3; `network-stream-open-tls' fails in some imap servers on w32
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 09:42:56 +0300

> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 17:55:16 -0400
>
> EZ> You (or someone else) are welcome to take my ports and package them as
> EZ> you see fit.  If you do a good job, I will even point to those
> EZ> packages in nt/INSTALL etc.
>
> Your work is very good and OK with me (although I can work with you to
> automate the builds).  I am talking about distributing these binary
> libraries better, especially critical updates.

That's exactly what I was talking about, too: take the port packaged
as drop-in zip files, and package it in some other way you consider to
be better.

As for critical updates, if you point me to the place or places where
these are described, I might consider whether it's time to update the
port.  (Please don't just point me to the gnutls-devel list, because I
read that, and have yet to see something like what you seem to allude
to.)