Re: EIEIO with lexical scoping

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: EIEIO with lexical scoping
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 18:45:42 +0200

David Engster writes:
> Stefan Monnier writes:
>>> I thought I had shared this change or it was merged upstream, but
>>> maybe I forgot?  I apologize if you didn't get the update.
>>> The changes were extensive as half of EIEIO moved into a second file
>>> to help with compilation.
>>
>> Those changes haven't yet been merged into trunk.  I was hoping someone
>> else could do it.
>
> I'll do another merge soon.

Done.

Eric's work on EIEIO is now in Emacs. The test suite did run fine, but
it might still be that stuff breaks. For instance, I had to change
registry.el in Gnus, which for some reason had all 'defmethod' calls
wrapped in 'eval-and-compile', which does not compile anymore. I don't
know why, though; you probably do. ;-)

-David