RE: bisected to commit since when this error occours (was: Re: isearch+

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: bisected to commit since when this error occours (was: Re: isearch+ provoces error when starting eshell)
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 11:59:57 -0700 (PDT)

> [also to emacs-devel since it is perhaps a bug in gnu emacs]

Probably not a great idea, but I've left the cc for now.  If it
turns out that there is an Emacs problem we can file a bug report etc.

My guess, without looking (and I have no time to look now; sorry),
is that there is no Emacs bug here, but that I need to update Isearch+
to accommodate whatever changes were made to Emacs.

I will take a look when I can (not too soon, I'm afraid).

> I built Emacs 24.3 from source and I confirm that this issue is not
> present in Emacs 23 and Emacs 24.3.  I did a  git bisect  then
> (see below).
>
> I bisected the Emacs version history.  Result is:
>
> ffc1d3e25cdae710e0f6057620af05c023a6e710 is the first bad commit
> commit ffc1d3e25cdae710e0f6057620af05c023a6e710
> Author: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Date:   Tue May 7 00:57:02 2013 -0700
>
>     * lisp/eshell/em-hist.el (eshell-isearch-map): Initialize in the defvar.
>     Remove explicit eshell-isearch-cancel-map.
>
> This commit changes the keymap for eshell.  But I have no clue of
> elisp and therefore am not in the position to judge if the commit
> is wrong or if it exposes some bug in isearch+ or eshell.

Thanks for narrowing things down.  That will help a lot, no doubt.
As I say, I will take a look when I can.

Perhaps someone from Emacs Dev will recognize an obvious bug introduced
by the changes you cite.  My guess is that there is no Emacs bug, but you
never know.  There might have also been some recent changes to isearch.el
and `isearch-mode-map' that affect this.  Dunno.