Re: Posix build on Windows: parallel `make' broken

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Posix build on Windows: parallel `make' broken
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 18:30:50 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 05:41:12 +0200
> Cc: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 4:52 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > What does your prefix= line say in that Makefile?
>
> prefix=c:/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk
>
> > If it uses Windows-style d:/foo/bar file name, does it help to say
> >
> >   make install prefix=/c/Devel/emacs...
> >
> > i.e. use the MSYS-style file name instead?
>
> Yes The c/ dir is not created.

I guess we shouldn't advise that people use Windows style file names
in the configure command, as it causes subtle bugs.  Will update
INSTALL.MSYS accordingly.

> >>   Warning: Lisp directory `c:/devel/emacs/repo/trunk/site-lisp': No
> >> such file or directory
> >
> > That's the consequence of the above.  Emacs verifies the site-lisp
> > directories exist when it starts up.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand. ./share/emacs/site-lisp and
> ./share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp are created. ./site-lisp (at the root
> of the source tree) is not created even when passing
> install=/c/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk

Sorry, too little coffee.

Do you have EMACSLOADPATH set in the environment or something?

If not, please step through init_lread and see why does it try to
access this directory.  It shouldn't, and it doesn't for me.