Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r112822: * eshell/esh-ext.el (eshell-external-c

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r112822: * eshell/esh-ext.el (eshell-external-command): Pass args to
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 15:42:17 -0400

Tassilo Horn wrote:

> em-term.el requires esh-ext which already requires cl-lib.

Only at compile time, not at runtime.

> So neither do you get an error at runtime nor a warning when
> compiling...

Previously, the only thing in eshell that required cl-lib at run-time
was em-ls. So if you remove eshell-ls from the list of eshell modules:

emacs -Q --eval "(setq eshell-modules-list '(eshell-alias eshell-banner
 eshell-basic eshell-cmpl eshell-dirs eshell-glob eshell-hist eshell-pred
 eshell-prompt eshell-script eshell-term eshell-unix))" -f eshell

there was indeed an error at runtime.

I don't know why there is no warning during bootstrap, but there is
a warning from a built emacs:

emacs -Q -batch -f batch-byte-compile em-term.el

In end of data:
em-term.el:321:1:Warning: the function `cl-intersection' is not known to
  be defined.

Hmm, looks like you get a warning only if esh-ext.el is already compiled
when you compiled em-term.el. I think this might be a (recent) compiler
bug, maybe my 2013-05-22 change?

Pedantically yours,