Re: using glyphs by default in perl-mode

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: using glyphs by default in perl-mode
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 14:07:43 -0400

Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> I wasn't sure this merited a NEWS entry, but can add one if you think
> so.

How else will people know the feature exists, since it defaults to off?
Better to add an entry than not. It can always be removed at release
time, if it turns out not to be useful.

>  Should I wait until the interface has solidified, since this will
> probably be added to several other modes?

It is always better to add (at least a placeholder) entry, sooner rather
than later. Otherwise it might be forgotten.

   New option, `prog-prettify-symbols'.

Done.