Re: what's the matter with the bzr server?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: what's the matter with the bzr server?
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 12:06:21 -0400

Firstly, it is sort of flattering that people think emacs-devel can fix
every problem in the known universe, but isn't it kind of obvious that
we don't manage the GNU infrastructure, and that this is not the right
address for problems with Savannah? I don't know how many times this
needs to be said.

Anyway, we are here now, and by a total coincidence I can actually look
into this as of a few days ago.

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> > bzr branch bzr+ssh://address@hidden/emacs/trunk trunk
>> > Connection Timeout: disconnecting client after 300.0 seconds

Don't know where that comes from. AFAIK there is no timeout on bzr+ssh.

There is a 5 hour time out on anonymous bzr:// access, which seems
reasonable. Nothing has changed in this area recently AFAIK.

>> Someone or something has reset the timeout to a ridiculously small
>> value.  Please ask on address@hidden to fix this; it
>> was 4 or even 8 hours last time I checked.
>
> Actually, I take that back: I just tried this myself, and it is
> working for 600 sec already without timing out.  Stay tuned.

Indeed.

(But please everybody don't go hammering the server to check what the
value is for you.)

Hmm, seems this may be internal to bzr:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/1112797

Maybe it is only supposed to affect commit though?

I can see the 300 sec timeout in the logs on the server...