Is it possible to undo bzr pull --overwrite ?

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Is it possible to undo bzr pull --overwrite ?
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 22:52:34 +0200

I wanted to update my local Emacs branch in which I develop the new
version of todo-mode.el that I just posted here, but unfortunately I
thoughtlessly used `bzr pull --overwrite' and now the entire history of
my package appears to be gone.  Is it possible to recover it?  A web
search found a suggestion to use `bzr heads --dead-only' and then `bzr
pull -rrevid:THEREVID .' and with the first command I found only the
revids of last change I made and one I made almost a year ago, but with
the second command, using the revid of the latest change, I only got
"bzr: ERROR: These branches have diverged. Use the missing command to
see how.  Use the merge command to reconcile them."  And `bzr missing'
just returns "Using saved parent location:
bzr+ssh://address@hidden/emacs/trunk/ Branches are up to
date."  So have I irrevocably lost my local history, or can I still
recover it?

Steve Berman