Documentation of `file-name-completion' is somewhat confusing

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Documentation of `file-name-completion' is somewhat confusing
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 10:07:37 +0800

Hi list,

In (info "(elisp) File Name Completion"):
 -- Function: file-name-completion filename directory &optional
          predicate
[...]
     If PREDICATE is non-`nil' then it ignores possible completions that
     don't satisfy PREDICATE, after calling that function with one
     argument, the expanded absolute file name.

And in the doc string of this function:
    If PREDICATE is non-nil, call PREDICATE with each possible
    completion (in absolute form) and ignore it if PREDICATE returns
    nil.

It seems to me that the arguments of PREDICATE described by these two
paragraphs don't agree with each other: the first one is "the expanded
absolute file name", but the second one is "each possible completion".
IMHO the latter is more appropriate.  Or maybe I got something wrong.
Any ideas?

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/