Re: eww

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: eww
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 23:30:46 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> I really like it.  Of course, I don't see why it's in lisp/gnus/ rather
> than some other place.

It was just convenient to put it in the Gnus repo while doing the
initial development, since shr had to be changed at the same time, and
Gnus is the primary (or only) user of shr.  But both shr and eww should
be moved to lisp/net.

>> So it's still slow, but it's getting more useful.  There's still
>> probably bugs in there, though.  Give it a whirl:
>
>> M-x eww RET google.com

I forgot that all the latest changes haven't been folded into Emacs bzr
yet, so perhaps one should hold off testing until that happens.  :-)

> I try and stay away from Google, but `eww' doesn't work well with
> duckduckgo.com (my current least bad choice), it seems.

That doesn't work at all, apparently.  I'll have a look what's going on
there...  looks like eww is rendering the form completely wrong.