Re: Question about todos.el copyright and author headers

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Question about todos.el copyright and author headers
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 00:33:04 +0200

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:39:40 -0400 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> I thought the plan was to install your code as todo-mode.el (not
>>> todos-mode.el).
>> There were three plans I asked about: (1) "simply replace the old
>> version", (2) "install the new version alongside the old version", and
>> (3), which you said you favored:
>
> I misread.  What I want is to install the new code as todo-mode.el and
> move the old code to obsolete.

Ok.

>> It's fine with me to keep the name todo-mode.el for the new version and
>> use the "todo-" prefix, but then doesn't the obsoleted version have to
>> be renamed and re-prefixed?
>
> There are many different options for the old code.
> I think the simplest is to rename the file to obsolete/otodo-mode.el
> (but keep the same "todo-*" names in it).

Ok.

>> Or is the idea not to be able to have both versions loaded at the same
>> time, but to be able to switch between them?
>
> As discussed, I think it's OK if users can't use both at the same time.
> It's better if they can, tho, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

Ok.

I'll make the changes and install the new code in the next couple of
days.  If possible, I'll install the accompanying Info file at the same
time, but if that takes me longer to prepare, I'll go ahead with the
code first.

For the ChangeLog and the bzr log, is it sufficient to just write
something like "Update to new version, reimplementing or abandoning
almost all old code and adding much new code." or should I individually
list all reimplemented, removed and new functions, etc.?

Steve Berman