Re: Build failure on MS-Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Build failure on MS-Windows
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 19:10:55 +0300

> Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:54:41 +0200
> From: Dani Moncayo <address@hidden>
>
> I've just tried to build from scratch the last trunk version of Emacs
> on MS-Windows, but the build fails here:
>
> [...]
> Invalid function: with-eval-after-load
> mv: cannot stat `emacs.exe': No such file or directory
> Makefile:823: recipe for target `bootstrap-emacs.exe' failed
> make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs.exe] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/msys/home/dani/emacs/build/src'
> Makefile:381: recipe for target `src' failed
> make: *** [src] Error 2

with-eval-after-load is a macro defined in subr.el, which is loaded by
loadup before simple.el.  Therefore, this problem should not happen.
Perhaps you have a stale subr.elc lurking somewhere, or maybe that
"bzr pull" didn't complete normally, and left an old version of
subr.el, or you have merge conflicts in subr.el (what does "bzr st"
say?).