Re: eww

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: eww
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 00:21:10 -0400

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:48:47 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
wrote:

LMI> Currently eww uses a single buffer, and whenever you ask it to display a
LMI> new URL, it discards everything in the buffer.  This means that when you
LMI> want to return to the previous page, eww has to re-fetch and re-render
LMI> the page.  And you lose the data in <form>s you have filled out.

(Let me know if I should implement the following ideas, or if they suck :)

Besides the already-discussed navigation buffer, IMO eww should create a
new buffer on demand when the user asks to see the HTML source.
Probably `v' would be the right command for that.

For accessibility (e.g. if the HTML is completely garbled or if the user
is unable to read it), it would be very nice to pop up a buffer with
just the list of anchors, where up/down are bound to step through the
list and RET browses the anchor.

Ted