Re: eww

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: eww
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:22:56 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Agreed.  I don't think creating a new buffer for every page is
> a good idea.  Also going back to a previously displayed page should be
> "immediate" and not require any network communication.
> You might start with something like:
>
>   (push (cons (buffer-string) (buffer-local-variables)) eww-history)

eww currently uses widget.el to render forms, and that uses overlays and
... stuff.  But I think I'm going to rewrite that code to avoid widget,
because it turns out that it's more hassle than it's worth.  And
implementing the form elements myself probably won't be more code than
shoehorning the widget code into eww.

And then keeping the history in a variable instead of in buffers would
be simpler.

Speaking of forms, perhaps form data should be nixed out before saving
to history -- we wouldn't want passwords and the like to live in memory
forever.