Re: Bzr question about moving and renaming files

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bzr question about moving and renaming files
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 19:57:34 +0300

> From: Stephen Berman <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:01:04 +0200
>
> Now, when I push my changes to trunk at Savannah (via my local
> mirror, which is bound to it)

If your local mirror is bound to Savannah, then how did you commit
your changes?  Did you use "bzr ci --local"?  If not, your commits are
already on Savannah, because committing in a bound branch pushes the
changes to the master repository.

> do I have to replicate this two-step procedure, or can I just do one
> bzr commit (or rather `C-c C-c' from the VC log buffer) and that
> will install the new version in calendar/, overwriting the old
> version, and install the renamed old version in obsolete/?  I'm
> guessing I have to do it in two commits, but I'd appreciate
> confirmation, or, if it is possible to do it in one commit, a recipe
> for how to do it.

One commit should be all you need.  It will reproduce on Savannah the
entire history you have locally, including the rename.