Re: request to revert the chnage of revno 112925

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: request to revert the chnage of revno 112925
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 07:25:15 +0200

Paul Eggert writes:
> On 06/19/13 13:49, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>
>> This is not specific to Elisp, of course, it's true of most programming
>> languages
>
> Yes, that sounds right.  Should we make this change for all
> programming-language files then?  .c, .h, Makefile, etc....

Only when you know for certain they will be processed by UTF-8-safe
tools and backwards compatibility won't be an issue.  As an example, for
Perl code this depends on which version of Perl is going to see it.  I'm
having fun lately to convert old Perl scripts to do the correct thing
with UTF-8…

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: