bidi support? (Hebrew)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: bidi support? (Hebrew)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 13:16:11 +0200

Hi

Sorry for posting in the devel list, but the last posting in the bidi
list is from 2011 and in gmane I cannot find the simple plain GNU emacs
mailing list.

I just wanted to try out the bidi support in GNU emacs 24.3
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Bidirectional-Editing.html

I compiled this GNU emacs version just with the plain .configure option.

However when I start GNU emacs and make

C-h a
bidi

No match is found (so no bidi-display-reordering etc)

Also in the Mule environment I cannot find anything indicating how to
switch to r2l.

What do I miss?

regards

Uwe Brauer