Re: call for more ert tests

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: call for more ert tests
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:35:11 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Well, requiring tests for new features or fixed bugs, and confirmation
>> that there are no regressions from the existing tests.
>
> I believe it's good, obviously.  The problem is with introducing it
> without losing too many contributors.

I wonder about the possibility of making Emacs testing an "interesting"
task. Something like a test framework which is complete and expressive
enough to allow describing testable conditions on a very high level way.

Having Lisp and an almost unlimited capability for state introspection
looks like a good start.