Re: call for more ert tests

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: call for more ert tests
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 15:46:11 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> IMO, unless we require every new feature to come with a test and a
> report that no regressions were found by running the existing tests,
> we will never get any better testability than what we have now.

I think that is a tough goal, and also somewhat pessimistic ("unless we
force everybody to be in complete compliance with X, we will never get
any more X"). Maybe we could try to move gradually in this direction
until it naturally becomes the accepted convention? But maybe you are
right and incremental improvement is impossible. I guess we will see...