Re: cl-defstruct-based package.el, now with ert tests and no external ta

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: cl-defstruct-based package.el, now with ert tests and no external tar!
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:19:59 -0400

> The API *has* changed.

It probably has, depends what you mean by API.  Since all the code is
accessible, any change can break some external package.

If something broke for you, then please say so explicitly, and we'll see
whether we think it could/should be fixed, or whether you're just out
of luck.

> We (that is, the Carton team [1]) “use” this API.

What API?

> [1]: https://github.com/rejeep/carton

I don't understand what this does.  Could you give me some description
of what is the benefit of such a tool, either for an end-user or for
a developer of a package?

The page you link to shows commands you can run, but they don't seem to
correspond to anything I've had to do or felt like doing w.r.t to either
creating or installing packages.

IOW, I must be missing something,

        Stefan