Re: filenotify.el

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: filenotify.el
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 22:28:45 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Then the event should have an `inotify', `w32notify' or `gfile' tag.
> Of course, that could be included in the "cookie" (which really should
> be a new object type either in Lisp_Misc or in Lisp_Vectorlike).

We have had that in the beginning ... it has been changed, in order to
apply the same event handler for all the notification events.

Which tag would you give an event when it is pushed by Tramp? `remote'?

Honestly, I don't believe it is worth the trouble just now, since we
haven't a problem yet. We could think about when it is necessary.

Changing the event name wouldn't break anything; it is used internally
only in the different *notify.{c,el} packages.

And putting the tag into the descriptor, as I have proposed, would even
not require a change in the event name. The descriptors must just be
unique, that's all.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.