Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 16:05:19 +0200

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Angelo Graziosi
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I have just bootstrapped Emacs r.113205 and it *does not* restore
> anything... :-( only a single frame and a single window...

etc/NEWS says:

*** `desktop-save-windows' enables saving and restoring the window/frame
configuration.

so try setting (or customizing) it to t.

> So what am I missing? In .emacs.d/init.el I have desktop-save true.. what
> else I need?

I'd recommend editing the desktop save file and removing by hand the
old window-save variable. In fact it shouldn't cause a problem,
because I renamed it, but the old var is now just cruft.

> BTW, C-h f desktop-save-wi TAB completes in desktop--save-windows, with two
> hyphen between "desktop" and "save"..

Yes. The function desktop--save-windows is internal, hence the two hyphens.