Re: How to restore the layout?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 22:49:46 +0200

>> This means one slot for each frame edge ;-)
>
> Is that price too high? :-)

On Windows we could use GetWindowPlacement which IIUC reliably gives us
the coordiantes of the normal window.  But Jan will almost certainly
tell us that with some window managers size hints are not trustworthy,
so we'd have to, before each maximize / minimize / fullscreen command,
record the normal coordinates which is also tedious because we'd have
to know for sure that the window _is_ maximized / minimized /
fullscreen.  We could use a frame parameter for systems where we can't
get sizes / positions realiably but all this will likely get tedious.

martin