Re: Fallback mode for image magick?

From: Klaus-Dieter Bauer
Subject: Re: Fallback mode for image magick?
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 14:15:39 +0200

2013/6/27 Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
Klaus-Dieter Bauer wrote:

> Is there some fallback solution available to get image-scaling through
> convert.exe instead transparently faking the imagemagick-magick support to
> emacs lisp code?

You could look at how image-dired.el or thumbs.el do it.
Both still use external ImageMagick support (bug#10758).

Can you elaborate on this?

I appreciate the answer, as it will ease implementing the use of convert.exe.

My intent however is to write a fix, that makes this a default fallback for code that wants to use builtin support without the need to edit the third party source code. Finding out what functions and variables I need to emulate is the hard part here for me.

I can probably do it by comparing the defined variables in emacs on Cygwin and native Windows, but it would give a high risk of missing something.

kind regards, Klaus