Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 15:18:13 +0200

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:

> So if I saved a maximized frame on a small monitor, it will be maximized when
> i restore the desktop on a larger monitor.  The window manager takes care of
> it,
> Emacs does not need to emulate a window manager.

As Martin already said, this is about what to do when de-maximized.
The current code doe not remove the fullscreen parameter from the
frame parameters' list, so when restoring the frame, it does not
decide its size or position. The window manager does.

There's also the issue that you can have fullwidth or fullheight
frames. For these, keeping the height or width, respectively, is
important because you want to restore them to the full widht or height
(the window manager should take care of it), but to the height / width
they had before.