Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 17:32:48 +0200

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:

> So when I do:
>
> (make-frame '((fullscreen . maximized)))
>
> and de-maximize it, it comes out as a frame with geometry 80x32.

That's not what happens on Windows. In fact, on Emacs for Windows,
(fullscreen . maximized) is decoupled from the window manager
"mazimized" state. With emacs- Q I get 80x38 frames by default, but
after (make-frame '((fullscreen . maximized))) I get a frame that uses
the full screen (minus the taskbar), but that is not really maximized
(it has borders, for example). Clicking on the maximize/restore button
does maximized it, according to the window manager definition (and
clicking again brings it back to its non-maximized, but
full-screen-covering previous size).

OTOH, (make-frame '((fullscreen . fullscreen))) does indeed work as
you describe; M-x toggle-frame-fullscreen gives a default, 80x38
frame.