Re: How to restore the layout?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 10:29:57 +0200

> It could be customized, of course. We could change the meaning of
> desktop-save-windows (currently a boolean flag), to have:
>
> - t : restore all frames in their displays
> - local-state: only frames already in the current display
> - current-display: restore frames in the current display
>
> etc. (with better names)

I think we should do that.  We probably should also rename the basic
option to `desktop-restore-frames' and include an option for frame
positioning/sizing where the latter could assume values like 'accurate
or 'sloppy with 'accurate trying to restore positions and sizes as
accurately as possible, while 'sloppy could, for example, try to
reposition and/or resize frames so they fit a new screen dimension.

martin