Re: a strict visual cursor in r2l and l2r buffers

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: a strict visual cursor in r2l and l2r buffers
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 18:10:33 +0200

>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
   >>
   >> Oops unfortunately  my C knowledge is not very deep and I asked to see
   >> whether it could be done in lisp, the your answer seems to indicate:
   >> impracticable.

   > I decided it was high time for Emacs to have visual-order cursor
   > motion.  So trunk revision 113221 implements that, please try it
   > (by customizing the new option visual-order-cursor-movement).  When
   > that option is non-nil, arrow keys will move in strict visual
   > order.  The feature still has some rough edges in some complicated
   > situations, but C-f or C-b or C-n/C-p should provide a fire escape
   > in those cases.

Very cool, thanks a lot. I will test it immediately.

The relevant command
for obtaining  the trunk version  is

bzr branch bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk

Isn't it[1]?

The server seems to be down or my connection too slow
I obtain
bzr.savannah.gnu.org:4155: Connection timed out

Footnotes:
[1]  most emacs pkg projects use git, Xemacs uses mercury and GNU emacs
     uses bzr...