Re: Rename `eww' to `web'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Rename `eww' to `web'
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 22:49:18 -0400

        [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
        [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
        [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.

    I think this approach is offensive to the community. The Emacs ecosystem
    is not limited to code that GNU distributes. You better have a good
    reason to take over the name of an established package.

We develop Emacs as we see fit.  You can write your own code as you
see fit.  However, merely developing your own code does not give you a
veto over ours.

You're welcome to propose some sort of cooperation, and we might agree
to it -- but you can't just order us around like that.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation