RE: How to restore the layout?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to restore the layout?
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 09:30:14 -0700 (PDT)

> > Again, dunno whether such an approach helps you.
>
> I think that's adding complexity to desktop.el that does not really
> belongs there.

I was not suggesting adding any such code to desktop.el.  It was
an FYI/FWIW about how I determine available screen space, and a
suggestion to consider letting users override whatever available
space we calculate.

> >  It is based on `x-display-pixel-(width|height)'.  Whether that
> > helps when using multiple monitors etc., I'm not sure.
>
> Calculating the available area on Windows with multiple monitors is
> always going to give trouble, because all "screen space" is
> contiguous, yet not all coordinates point to visible space.

`x-display-pixel-(width|height)' was all that was available at
the time I wrote that code, AFAIK.

And I too was not aware of the Emacs 24.4 addition of
`display-monitor-attributes-list' and `frame-monitor-attributes'.
Sounds like you are now getting some of the info that you need,
in any case.