Re: call for more ert tests

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: call for more ert tests
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 16:13:01 +0200

Am 01.07.2013 14:43, schrieb Ted Zlatanov:
On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 13:45:25 +0200 Andreas Röhler <address@hidden> wrote:

AR> Also some core-tests should be obligatory for all code checked in.
AR> Just no check-ins before these tests are passed.

It should be up to the maintainers to decide.  Let's not try to force
these strict rules on the Emacs developer community.

Ted

It's just a suggestion. From my own experience and also if you make aware all
the bug-reports resulting from just a typo.
The one who thinks: "such a trivial change might never fail" might save time
for the moment - it will be paid many-fold by others.
BTW the time I checked in something without running tests are long ago - might
report a long list of surprises instead.
But must confess: seldom all tests pass ;)

Cheers,

Andreas