RE: How to restore the layout?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to restore the layout?
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 07:08:55 -0700 (PDT)

> > Note that the font parameter determines the size of the frame and most
> > of its building blocks (toolbar, scrollbars, fringes, ...) on screen.

And thank goodness for that interaction.  It provides a way to resize
things together.

> Yes. Currently it works because there's few people using the feature
> yet, and they do not change the default font(set) between invocations
> of Emacs. But I'll fix it soonish.

That "fix" sounds ominous, but perhaps I'm becoming paranoid.

I don't understand what you are saying there (what works? what is the
feature? what is the relation to changing font(set) between invocations?)

I hope that changing the font size will continue to resize the frame and
associated building blocks.  If you choose to offer some other behavior,
please at least preserve this longstanding behavior as well, as an
alternative.

I make heavy use of this feature (a frame's font driving size in
general).  It would break most of what I use everyday if this feature
were to be "fixed" away.