Re: Rename `eww' to `web'

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Rename `eww' to `web'
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 13:48:12 +0900

Jambunathan K writes:

 > emacs -Q
 > C-x C-f http://www.gnu.org
 >
 > I see the HTML code verbatim.  The buffer is on Org mode.  (This is a
 > buglet).

Really?  I thought org-mode was the mode-to-end-all-modes? ;-)

 > ISTM the magic glue to render - I used shr-render-buffer - is missing.

No, it's not.  find-file is a prelude to *editing*, so you should
receive the "preferred form for editing".  One could argue that Emacs
should try WebDAV to get its insdels on the source of dynamic pages,
but that seems unlikely to work without substantial configuration,
perhaps on a file-by-file basis.

The interface you are looking for is M-x view-file in my installation
(Emacs may have that bound to key by default).

Of course that's not quite right because the name says "file", but the
same applies to C-x C-f == find-file.