Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 12:07:52 +0200

Il 05/07/2013 9.45, martin rudalics ha scritto:
 > I think it is the same I see here... It seems as a Windows window
 > manager "effect"..

I'm sure it's an Emacs "effect".

I guessed that from the fact that, apparently it happens only on Windows systems, not on Ubuntu or Kubuntu...

 >> BTW, if you disable the tool bar before saving (adding (tool-bar-lines
 >> . 0) to default-frame-alist, for example), do you see any difference?
 >
 > Yes, Emacs is restored "maximized", i.e. N lines, but the maximize
 > button is not selected (and not tool bar, obviously)

I think this clearly hints that the the toolbar is the culprit with
respect to the size.  Now please try to (1) remove the size parameters
from the desktop file, (2) check and tell us whether it contains a
maximize request, and (3) try again with the thus modified desktop file.

I have removed the desktop file. Then I started Emacs, maximized the frame and closed Emacs after saved the desktop. The resulting desktop (test bzipped) is attached. Which parameters do you suggest to remove? I notice only a "fullscreen", but I have only clicked on the maximize button... May you resend it as you think?

TIA,
  Angelo.