Re: Small improvements to ruby-mode

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Small improvements to ruby-mode
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 13:37:06 +0400

On 06.07.2013 9:31, Bozhidar Batsov wrote:
    We should contact Kyle, then, for the copyright assignment. Or,
    again, patches welcome. :)

I guess it'd be best of Stefan approached him?

Not necessarily. IME, the hard part is to get the author to agree to this commitment.

A bold yellowish face seems like a nice option to me. Will make it clear
that !orax is not actually lorax for instance. Maybe it should simply
derive from the keyword face?

I don't think it should: in the default theme, purple negation char would look odd.

> On a related note - often && and || are
highlighted as keywords. Maybe ruby-mode should do the same for
consistency with `and` and `or`?

I don't think I've ever seen that (e.g. python-mode and coffee-mode don't). These are not particularly different from other operators, and I don't think we should highlight them all.