Re: Fallback mode for image magick?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fallback mode for image magick?
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 18:52:15 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 17:31:25 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > Imagescaling however still doesn't work.
> >
> > I cross-checked with Cygwin, there scaling works in org-mode (not
> > though when doing ``(insert-image (create-image .... :width 100))``).
> >
> > Is there something I am missing?
>
> Could someone with more knowledge of Emacs under Windows please help
> here?

Help how?  I don't see anything Windows-specific in the description
above, and know nothing about ImageMagick and how Emacs uses it to
guess what could be wrong.  The OP should debug Emacs to see what
happens when image scaling is being requested, and tell the details.
Perhaps then this will become a Windows specific issue.  For now, this
is an ImageMagick issue.

Btw, statically linking against ImageMagick is a no-starter for
Windows.  But this can be fixed later, once the statically linked
executable works.

Btw^2, what about GraphicsMagick?