Re: Emacs trunk and Gnus master are fully sync'd now

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Emacs trunk and Gnus master are fully sync'd now
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 22:03:08 +0200

David Engster writes:
>> AFAICS in `nnimap-retrieve-group-data-early', the resync should only
>> happen when there's either no 'active', 'unexist', or
>> 'uidvalidity'. Perhaps the first step should be to install some verbose
>> messaging which says which of those triggers the resync.
>
> Never mind; I can reproduce it with my Gmail account. I'll try to debug
> this.

It was just one bogus group called '[Google Mail]' which for some reason
was auto-subscribed but does not really exist on the server. Otherwise,
I cannot see that real groups get constantly recynced.

So the question remains whether this only happens upon Gnus startup; if
so, it seems that not all information gets properly saved in newsrc.eld.

-David