Inclusion of websocket library

From: Andrew Hyatt
Subject: Inclusion of websocket library
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 23:12:39 -0400

Hi everyone,

I have a websocket library (https://github.com/ahyatt/emacs-websocket), which has been pretty stable for a while now.  It implements the latest websocket protocol, RFC 6455.

I'm wondering if it anyone thinks this should just be part of the emacs distribution (probably under the "net" directory).  I personally think that library-type modules such as this should just be included in emacs, but there isn't anything particularly wrong with it being available via ELPA as it is now.

I'd be happy to send a patch adding this in if people think it's a good idea.  I have FSF papers, the code compiles cleanly (except for the ert tests, which need the dynamic scope of flet), and it works.