Re: How to restore the layout?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 08:47:43 +0200

> Interesting.  I hadn't played with f11 before.  FWIW (curiosity only,
> probably):
>
> Using my frame-movement commands I see something different: I can move
> the maximized frame

F11 should make the frame fullscreen, not maximized.

> around normally, and thus can see that the frame
> borders, including the title bar, have indeed been dropped (there are
> none).

Here I can't move such frames using the mouse.  IIUC mouse-dragging is
suppressed (by Windows) for maximized frames.  Fullscreen frames don't
have borders/title bars so they can't be dragged for obvious resons.

> I can also resize the maximized frame (again, using frame-cmds.el
> commands) horizontally any amount.  But I can shrink it vertically only
> one line, for some reason.
>
> I also did not realize that the same holds for a frame maximized by
> clicking the Windows maximize icon/button in the title bar: I can move
> it around and resize it.  And in this case, unlike the case after
> maximizing with f11, there is no limit to shrinking vertically.

Programmatically you should be able to move any frame.  It will become
demaximized/defullscreenified in the course, I presume.

martin