Re: Emacs trunk and Gnus master are fully sync'd now

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Emacs trunk and Gnus master are fully sync'd now
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 17:34:34 +0200

Giorgos Keramidas writes:
> When I load a .newsrc.eld file produced by the Gnus version of emacs-24
> branch the (unexist) ranges are there.

Are they empty, i.e., are they just plain

(unexist)

or do they contain article numbers/ranges, like

  (unexist
   (1 . 8081)
   (8084 . 8128)
   8135
   (8137 . 8139))

> But then if I `M-x gnus' all groups go through an 'initial sync'.
>
> So I think that something is broken in the way Gnus tries to read the
> 'unexist' value from ~/.newsrc.eld

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce it. Something is triggering this, but
I have no idea what it could be. I'll have to look at the code path a
bit and see where else the 'unexist' range might get lost.

-David