Re: Emacs trunk and Gnus master are fully sync'd now

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Emacs trunk and Gnus master are fully sync'd now
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 23:42:22 +0200

Giorgos Keramidas writes:
> Great!  Now we know at least why this is triggered.  Looking at the
> diffs between emacs-24 and trunk of Emacs I can see that this function
> indeed only exists in the trunk:

It was recently synced from Gnus git.

> If I'm reading this function right, then _every_ time someone runs Gnus
> from the trunk of Emacs they would have to do an 'initial sync' of all
> their groups, because "Gnus v5.13" will never be >= "Ma Gnus.*".

This is not the desired behavior, of course. It's a bug which happens
because of the different versioning schemes used in Gnus git and Emacs
trunk. I like Ted's suggestion on how to fix it, and if no one objects
or beats me to it, I'll commit that tomorrow.

-David