Re: No rule to make target `../lib/ignore-value.h'

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: No rule to make target `../lib/ignore-value.h'
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 16:13:44 +0200

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

> So maybe autoconf and automake should be mentioned there?

They are mentioned in the "*** MSYS" section:

   . Additional packages (needed only if building from the Bazaar
     repository): Automake and Autoconf.  They are available from
     here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/automake-1.11.6-msys-bin.zip/download

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/autoconf-2.65-msys-bin.zip/download

In general, I would recommend reading INSTALL.MSYS thoroughly a couple
of times before trying to set up your build environment. Also, I think
it's best to follow the advice in "Installing MinGW and MSYS manually"
instead of using mingw-get

> And clearly
>
> Checking for autoconf (need at least version 2.65)...
> ok
> Checking for automake (need at least version 1.11)...
> ok
>
> is not very reassuring when these are apparently missing.

If you install them in another location and then add the dir to PATH,
make will be able to find them, but perl will not be able to find the
Perl packages because they are outside its (Perl's) usual library
structure. That could be fixed by telling Perl where to find them, but
it's not worth it, and other tools would suffer similar problems. It's
better to stick to installing MSYS tools in the MSYS tree.

> Anything else I might have forgotten given that I follwed the mingw-get
> path?

Again, from INSTALL.MSYS:

   . Additional packages listed below, from the MSYS Extension
     distribution here:

     https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MSYS/Extension/

      - flex
      - bison
      - m4
      - perl
      - mktemp

     These should only be needed if you intend to build development
     versions of Emacs from the Bazaar repository.

Also texinfo.