Re: Inclusion of websocket library

From: Andrew Hyatt
Subject: Re: Inclusion of websocket library
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 01:29:32 -0400

What is involved is putting this on GNU ELPA?  I can certain do that, and maintain it there, but since my package is already available via Marmalade, it is already available via an ELPA that (I think) most ELPA-users are using.  Is there a further advantage to putting this on the GNU ELPA specifically?

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 4:32 AM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm wondering if it anyone thinks this should just be part of the emacs
> distribution (probably under the "net" directory).  I personally think that
> library-type modules such as this should just be included in emacs, but
> there isn't anything particularly wrong with it being available via ELPA as
> it is now.

It sounds like something that should definitely be in GNU ELPA if you're
willing to maintain it from there.  Maybe even in Emacs proper, tho I'd
have to think a bit more about it.

        Stefan "out of town"