Re: imagemagic in image-mode and image-dired-thumbnail-mode?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: imagemagic in image-mode and image-dired-thumbnail-mode?
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:39:28 +0200

> Footnotes:
> [1]  Among the more-or-less standalone libraries.  I imagine the ones
> used by KDE and GNOME are pretty stable but bring in huge dependencies.

The official KDE PDF viewer (Okular) uses libpoppler, which comes from
xpdf. In my not extensive experience, it works well. Its dependency set
is small (freetype and image libraries, mostly.)

There is also mupdf [2] which is used by the viewer I use on Windows and
it works well too. Its set of dependencies looks very reasonable [3].

[1] poppler.freedesktop.org/
[2] http://www.mupdf.com/
[3] http://git.ghostscript.com/?p=mupdf.git;a=blob_plain;f=.gitmodules;hb=HEAD