Re: Blink cursor changes, possible W32 breakage.

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Blink cursor changes, possible W32 breakage.
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:15:55 +0200

Hello.

16 jul 2013 kl. 17:55 skrev Glenn Morris <address@hidden>:

> Jan Djärv wrote:
>
>> Just a heads up, I changed blink cursor in two ways, one is that it
>> stops blinking after blinking blink-cursor-blinks number of times (10
>> by default), as inspired by gnome-terminal. Also, timers are stopped
>> when no blinking occurs.
>
> Sounds good! Does it fix/render redundant
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10404 ?

I don't know, I haven't seen this 2 second polling that is mentioned (with
strace/dtruss).  When the cursor stops blinking, there is a 30 second timeout,
and after that a very long timeout (thousands of seconds, I don't have the
exact value).  But on the other hand, I was not running Lisp at the time.

        Jan D.