Re: Blink cursor changes, possible W32 breakage.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Blink cursor changes, possible W32 breakage.
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:39:06 +0300

> From: Jan Djärv <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 13:48:49 +0200
>
> Just a heads up, I changed blink cursor in two ways, one is that it stops
> blinking after blinking
> blink-cursor-blinks number of times (10 by default), as inspired by
> gnome-terminal.  Also, timers are stopped when no blinking occurs.

Why do we want that?  Is there a way to get previous behavior?

> This works on NS and X but not on W32.  I tried to be careful to not break
> W32, but it might happen anyway.  If anybody wants to implement this for W32,
> you basically need to implement generating a FOCUS_OUT_EVENT, like xterm,c
> and nsterm.m does and adjust those places in keyboard.c and frame.el that
> checks for X and NS only.

Sorry, I don't understand: w32 already implements the equivalent of
FOCUS_OUT_EVENT, but why is that relevant?  When no frame has focus,
Emacs on Windows doesn't blink the cursors already.

What am I missing?

And what is the other thing you changed?